Brian Bech NielsenChampion
Rector, Aarhus University
According to the European Regional Economic Growth Index, the Central Denmark Region scores a 1.21, indicating “a region with very high economic prospects”. Focused efforts are needed to build upon this foundation, and develop the region’s entrepreneurial projects.
MIT REAP Team Central Denmark’s focus is on the region of Aarhus and surrounding areas. The team is represented by stakeholders from all five stakeholder groups. The team is championed by Aarhus University, with key stakeholders from UNSILO.ai, The Færch Foundation, and Grundfos.
• “Global Innovation Index”: Denmark #6 of a total of 48 high-income economies.
• “Global Competitiveness Index”: Denmark #12 of a total of 137 economies. (World Economic Forum)
• “Regional Entrepreneurship and Development Index”: Central Denmark Region #16 of a total of 125 EU regions. In a global perspective, the same survey indicates that Denmark is #6 of a total of 137 countries. (The Global Entrepreneurship and Development Institute)
• “European Regional Economic Growth Index – E-REGI”: Central Denmark Region scores 1.21 indicating “a region with very high economic prospects” among 295 EU regions. (LaSalle)
• “European Digital City Index”: Aarhus #22 of a total of 60 EU Cities. (European Digital Forum)
Ability to develop new to the world innovations from inception through to the market.EXPAND ALL
Central Denmark has a population of 1.3 million people.
According to the Global Innovation Index, Denmark is #6 out of 28 high-income economies. Top performing industries include food production, energy, and the creative economy.
Ability to start and build new to the world businesses from inception to maturity.EXPAND ALL
Denmark is ranked #12 out of 137 economies according to the Global Competitiveness Index.
The Central Denmark region is ranked #16 out of 125 European Union regions in the Regional Entrepreneurship and Development Index.
Aarhus is ranked #22 out of 60 European Union cities according to the European Digital City Index.